I have been working on this rug for several years and just finished it yesterday. It is made out of selvages and other strips of fabric that were pretty much unusable:
If you examine it closely it is like the rings on a tree, but of various quilts. The center is selvages from the back of Paul’s quilt which I finished in 2012. Next time I will create “yarn” balls with the different colors to make it more orderly. Also, it is not a flat as I would like, I may reduce as I get out into the outer areas.
In other news, I did my first craft show with some small purses:
They were fun to make- but a little out there for sure, and perhaps suited to girls. We also made quite a few cards:
Half are mine and half are Steve’s:
We didn’t sell anything. For that, I blame Trump. Seriously, though, I likely overpriced my items. Since it was such a small show, I didn’t have much variety in my prices.That being said, I had a good time, and I consider it a success because Steve and I were able to create body of work. If we choose to do it again, we will have a head start on stock.