quilt updates – kitty cat and zoo

So it has definately been a while and these quilts have been making progress, even though a good portion of my sewing studio was in the basement for several weeks.  I am slowly regrouping.

 

Update on kitty quilt:

This one is even further along.  By the way most of these patterns are not my designs. They are designs that can be purchased on the internet. To find them check out my Pinterest page for links.

Here is what the zoo quilt looks like:

Again this was created from coloring pages I found on Pinterest.

So these quilts are both inspired by the internet.  They are both going to turn out beautiful. I have to say when I start quilts with so limited scope I lose momentum a little bit. However, they are nearly done, I am very much on track to have them done by Christmas which is my goal.

big cat

So, I haven’t posted for over a month. Sorry. Just been having the winter blahs, and lots of stress at work. I have been still plugging away at my quilts. It has been cold also, so my sewing room is inaccessible. Tomorrow it should be sixty degrees, so should get some solid time in there…anyway, here is the next zoo block:

I like him, but he is a little scary with his orange eyes, I will have to see how he looks in the context of the quilt.

something is happening at the zoo

Today I discovered the internet has decided I am a gay, Russian man with erectile dysfunction so I guess I should go figure out a spam system for my site. <sigh> Unfortunately, this is type of work is too close to what people actually pay me for to do on a Sunday – so next week maybe. In the mean time, if I accidentally delete your comments, let me know. This is only if you comment directly on the site; Facebook should be fine

I started a new quilt, based on animals. This has extra meaning for me because my grandmother used to make quilts where she would take coloring book pages of animals and trace them.  I have some unfinished blocks she started and have used them in previous quilts like the ducky quilt on the back and in the cow in Paul’s quilt.

Anyway, I use my own technique. She traced them on the fabric with ball point pen and zigzagged around them. I put two layers of fabric over a piece of paper with the image on it. I draw over the image from the back with free motion on the sewing machine.  Here is my first camel attempt:

Steve and Paul loved it. However, when I told Steve about the next step, trimming it and zigzagging the edges, he didn’t think it would work out because of the color of thread I had used, He thought it would disappear into the background.  So here is Camel number 2:

I used a reddish brown thread for the base drawing then the lighter thread for detailing. Not sure what I will do with the first one yet.

 

 

Skip to toolbar